CONTEST “Stokes – Enter to win a shopping spree” OFFICIAL RULES
The “Stokes – Enter to win a $500.00 Shopping Spree” contest (hereafter “Contest”) is organized by Stokes Inc. It starts on “February 25, 2013” and closes on “April 1, 2013” at “23:59” (EDT). Any reference to time in this document indicates Eastern Daylight saving Time (EDT).
The Contest is open to all residents of Canada, who have reached the age of majority in the province or territory in which they reside, and is governed by Canadian law, by the start date of this contest as identified above, with the exception of the employees, agents and/or representatives of Stokes Inc., its distributors or affiliated companies, advertising agencies or any contributor to the Contest, as well as anyone with whom an employee, agent and/or representative is domiciled or any member of his or her immediate family. For these official rules, “immediate family” refers to the father, mother, brothers, sisters, children, husband, wife or partner of such an employee, agent and/or representative.
- Log on to www.stokesstores.com and go to the Contest page. Complete the electronic entry form (hereafter the “Electronic Entry”) by filling all required fields. Click on “Submit”. You will then be entered in the Contest. You can also enter the contest in any Stokes store, Fenton Gourmet store and Think Kitchen store across Canada by filling out the contest entry form. You can enter the Contest until April 1, 2013” “23:59”.
- The entry forms described in paragraph 3.1 are hereinafter collectively called the “Entry Form”. Each entrant whose Entry Form will have been randomly selected will be contacted by Stokes Inc.; before the obtainment of the Prize and as essential condition to its obtainment, such entrant will have to answer correctly a Mathematical question. Following a correct answer to the Mathematical question will be declared a winner (each such winner shall be hereafter collectively or individually referred to as “Winner” subject to every other condition stipulated in the present rules and regulations).
- Each entrant can only use one e-mail address (which must be valid) to enter via the Electronic Entry form or via the Entry form at any of the Stokes stores. One (1) entrant per Entry form for the duration of the contest.
- Chances of winning are dependent on the total number of eligible entries received by the Contest Closing Date.
- No purchase necessary.
HOW TO ENTER
There is one prize available to be won consisting of a $500.00 Shopping Spree..
The prize is non-transferable and must be accepted as offered, as there will be no substitutions and no cash equivalent.
All decisions of the judges with respect to all aspects of the contest are final.
The prize is not transferable or convertible to cash and must be accepted as awarded.
Selection Process: On April 5, 2013, one (1) Winner will be selected by random draw from among all on-line and in-store eligible entries received by the contest closing date. In order to win, the selected entrant must first correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question and winner will be required to sign a standard declaration of compliance and publicity/liability release confirming compliance with the contest rules and acceptance of the prize as awarded, consenting to the use of their name and photo in any contest-related publicity, and releasing the Contest Sponsors from liability. If a selected entrant cannot be contacted, or the required declarations and releases are not received within the prescribed period, or if a potential winner does not comply with these Contest Rules or is deemed ineligible for any reason, the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner.
Among all the Entry Forms received by the server hosting the Web site www.stokesstores.com and all Entry Forms received in all Stokes stores, one (1) random draw will be conducted on “April 5, 2013” at “14:00”, at the offices of Stokes located at 5660 Ferrier Street, Montreal, Quebec H4P 1M7 for the Prize.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
To be declared winner, the entrant whose Entry Form is randomly chosen for the Prize must respect the entry and eligibility conditions stipulated in this document. Failure to respect one or several of these conditions means the winner will be disqualified and another random draw will be conducted to choose another winner.
Limit of one prize to be won.
Stokes Inc. will contact the Winners by telephone and/or e-mail. In the event that Stokes Inc. cannot contact the selected entrant of one or several of the draws for whatever reason within forty-eight (48) hours following the draw, Stokes Inc. will conduct as many draws as necessary from the Entry Forms to find a Prize winner.
The Release recipients shall not incur any responsibility for incomplete or incomprehensible name and addresses from Contest entrants. Stokes Inc. reserves the right to reject any Entry Form that is incomplete, illegible or mutilated or that contains a human or mechanical error and to proceed with the selection of another Entry Form.
Any Entry Form and any attempt at entering using electronic, computer or other means which are contrary to the spirit of the Contest or to the Contest rules (e.g., computer pirating, mass emailing, etc.) will be automatically rejected and may be referred over to the appropriate judicial authorities. Any automated entries will be noticed and rejected.
The Release recipients are not in any way responsible for any problem including, but without being limited to, the technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, any other problem resulting directly or indirectly in a virus, bug or technical failure following the sending of e-mails to Stokes Inc. for any reason including, but without being limited to, traffic congestion on the Internet network or on the Web site or a combination of both. Stokes Inc. and Release recipients are not responsible for any damage done to computer equipment following entering the Contest. Stokes Inc. and other Release recipients are not responsible for any problem that could prevent the proper conduct of the Contest in accordance with the rules established herein including, but without restricting the generality of the above, or the postponement of the Contest promotion or of the Contest.
The decisions made by Stokes Inc. are final and without appeal.
For Quebec residents, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a promotional contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie des alcohols, des courses et des jeux only for the purposes of helping the parties reach a settlement.
The Contest rules are available online at www.stokesstores.com
In case of incompatibility between the English and the French version of the present Rules, the French version shall prevail.
- This contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.